The GORUCK Challenge
Always a Team Event, Never a Race
Our original event. Based on Special Forces training, your class is led from start to finish by a Special Forces Cadre. His job is to test your limits, push you beyond them, and build your class into a team. This event combines rucking, teamwork challenges, and Special Forces lessons. There are no cash prizes at the finish. All you earn is a 2×3 inch patch and the respect of everyone to your left and right.
Basic event details: 5+ hours, 7-10 miles, 100% completion rate, 20LB weight requirement if you weigh < 150LBS, 30LB weight requirement if you weigh >150 lbs
“You all taste so much better when you’re afraid”
– IT (Stephen King)
Halloween’s origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. On this trick or treating kind of night, if they show up, or in the off chance your Cadre is dressed as the Punisher, choose trick. Costumes required for this Challenge. Don’t worry too much about the ghosts, strength in numbers.
5+ Hours. Lots of PT. Lots of miles. Details not forthcoming.
Pain is the theme of all GORUCK Challenges. Our Special Forces Cadres will ensure it’s pain with purpose by pushing individuals out of their comfort zones and building each class into a team. Train hard and show up ready. It’s worth it.
WHAT TO BRING
- A rucksack aka backpack (Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Oral Rehydration Salts (or comparable)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- First Aid Kit (small)
- Face Mask (Optional)
- Gloves (1 pair) Not medical gloves, working gloves
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes – 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better. A fresh shirt or jacket can go a long way, too.
TRAINING FOR YOUR EVENT
- SRT Training Program
- So you signed up – now what? Join us for daily workouts written by Cadre DS that are simple, but not easy. All you need is a ruck or sandbag. The SRT programming will get you ready. And your first week is free!
- Check out our RUCK CLUB map to find people to train with
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are permitted for this event if requested at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- For the full Event Participant Policies please view our FAQ page.
Saturday, October 22, 2022 - Sunday, October 23, 2022