GORUCK Rucking World Championship (26 Miler): Nashville, TN
October 8 @ 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM$129
A LEGENDARY SPECIAL FORCES RUCKING CHALLENGE
In 490 BC, Greek messenger Philippides ran from the battlefield in Marathon to Athens to announce the Greek victory over the Persians. Legend has it he ran the entire distance without stopping, bursting into the Assembly and crying out “We won!” before collapsing to his death.
Seeking to recall the glory of ancient Greece and create a popular event, the organizers of the first modern Olympics in 1896 came up with the marathon race we know today. Since then, the marathon has come to symbolize an impressive and humbling distance to cover, a personal achievement done collectively.
Echoing ancient Greece plus our own Special Forces inspiration, here’s a challenge for those of you who seek such things – The GORUCK 26.2-Miler Star Course, the first rucking marathon of its kind.
Rucking is the foundation of Special Forces training and the GORUCK Rucking World Championships is the pinnacle of Rucking. You show up with your ruck and you get a lat/long to your next waypoint. You plot your route, then you start rucking: point to point, mile after mile.
For a lot of miles.
- 26+ miles (always be prepared for the unexpected)
- 26 miles in 11 hours or less
- Weight Requirement: Men 30 lb / Women 20 lb
- 3 Divisions: Men, Women, and Teams Open
- Cash Prizes for each Division: 1st = $500, 2nd = $250, 3rd = $125
- Cash prizes are split amongst team members for the Team Division
Top three finishers in the Men’s Individuals, Women’s Individual’s, and Teams Open division (Men/Men, Woman/Woman, or Co-ed) of the GORUCK Rucking World Championship will earn the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place patches. All others who finish under 11 hours will earn the Rucking World Championship patch, which will never be for sale.
HOW TO QUALIFY
In order to qualify, you must have successfully completed one of the following:
- GORUCK 26.2 Miler
- GORUCK Heavy Event
- Marathon (in under 4 Hours)
- Any OCR or endurance race that is over 26 miles
HOW IT WORKS
You as an individual or your team of 2 (including you) show up at the Start Point. The route you and/or your team choose will be your own, so choose wisely. The minimum distance possible will be just over 26 Miles. You can expect to see the best sites in Nashville and you can expect at least one long movement taking you to the outskirts, and possibly beyond.
Prior to starting the clock, we’ll ensure that you make a successful comms check with our remote support team. At each waypoint, you’ll link up with a Cadre and receive your next lat/long. Don’t stop or slow down until you cross the actual finish line, remember to be prepared for anything.
- The course will be at least 26 miles.
- Three divisions: Men’s Individuals, Women’s Individuals, and Team Open.
- Teams are 2 participants. If your teammate drops, you are both disqualified.
- You must use a GORUCK Rucksack, no exceptions.
- Weight Standard: men will have a 30 lb GORUCK Plate and women will have 20 lb GORUCK Plate . Fixed weight required; meaning, no sand in a sandbag or dirt. Required weight must be in a single unit, no mixing or matching weight (one Ruck Plate, not two), and must clearly display the weight on it. The Cadre will ensure that you have your weight at every waypoint.
- Keep your 20 or 30 lb Ruck Plate per participant with you at all times. You may cross load with your team member as desired.
- Purchasing food along your route at any time is authorized.
- NO Support teams for resupply. Cadre and event staff will be observing the route for violations.
- No method of transportation is authorized except rucking.
- Follow any additional instructions or rules from the Cadre.
- Obey all traffic laws (and all the other laws, too) while participating.
- Cut-off time: 26 miles in 11 hours or less.
WHAT TO BRING
- Ruck Plate, 30 or 20 lbs
- Rucksack (GORUCK Speed Rucker Recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your rucksack
- Headlamp (+ extra set of batteries)
- Smartphone with external battery (at least 1 per team)
- Photo ID and $20 cash (just in case)
- Water (Source Hydration Bladder, 3L Recommended)
Event Cancellation Policy
- Transfers and refunds are not allowed for this event (NO EXCEPTIONS).