The GORUCK Challenge
Always a Team Event, Never a Race
Our original event. Based on Special Forces training, your class is led from start to finish by a Special Forces Cadre. His job is to test your limits, push you beyond them, and build your class into a team. This event combines rucking, teamwork challenges, and Special Forces lessons. There are no cash prizes at the finish. All you earn is a 2×3 inch patch and the respect of everyone to your left and right.
Tough event details: 10-12 hours, 15-20 miles, 94% completion rate, 20LB weight requirement if you weigh < 150LBS, 30LB weight requirement if you weigh >150 lbs
Women have been the strong links at GORUCK Events since forever. These events are designed as a getaway weekend in vacation settings that allow you the opportunity to pamper yourself with Good Livin’, laughter, and meeting some of the most like-minded badass gals on the planet!
MEMORIES OF HONOR:
- If you would like to honor a fallen soldier, click the link below, print out the Memories of Honor bib, and wear it on your ruck during the event.
10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 94%
WHAT TO BRING
- A rucksack aka backpack (Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L (bringing 1 is mandatory, 2 is recommended)
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Participants must also bring Oral Rehydration Salts (or comparable) in case water resupply is harder
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Face Mask (Optional)
- Gloves (1 pair) not medical gloves, working gloves
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes – 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
TRAINING FOR YOUR EVENT
- SRT Training Program
- So you signed up – now what? Join us for daily workouts written by Cadre DS that are simple, but not easy. All you need is a ruck or sandbag. The SRT programming will get you ready. And your first week is free!
- Check out our RUCK CLUB map to find people to train with
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are permitted for this event if requested at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- For the full Event Participant Policies please view our FAQ page.
Friday, September 23, 2022 - Saturday, September 24, 2022