The GORUCK Challenge
Always a Team Event, Never a Race
Our original event. Based on Special Forces training, your class is led from start to finish by a Special Forces Cadre. His job is to test your limits, push you beyond them, and build your class into a team. This event combines rucking, teamwork challenges, and Special Forces lessons. There are no cash prizes at the finish. All you earn is a 2×3 inch patch and the respect of everyone to your left and right.
Tough event details: 10-12 hours, 15-20 miles, 94% completion rate, 20LB weight requirement if you weigh < 150LBS, 30LB weight requirement if you weigh >150 lbs
THROUGH THE SAME GATES AS THE LEGENDS
The intent of the GORUCK Recon Raider event weekend is to give GRTs an opportunity to storm the same beaches and climb the same peaks as our MARSOF do in their training, in their backyard. These hallowed grounds and holy waters are where GORUCK MARSOF Cadre will dive deep into their history and lineage presenting a first class event weekend unlike any other. Dedicated entirely to Honoring the Fallen, while touching on historic battles and key roles MARSOF played while conducting operations all the way back from WWII, up to present times in the fight against the Global War on Terror. GRTs must come ready to be challenged as a team unlike any other GORUCK event. These events are designed and focused to push participants way beyond their individual physical and mental capabilities. All the while, encapsulating the pure essence and power of team building and camaraderie.
10-12 HOURS, 15-20 MILES. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 94%
WHAT TO BRING
- A rucksack aka backpack (Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L (bringing 1 is mandatory, 2 is recommended)
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Participants must also bring Oral Rehydration Salts (or comparable) in case water resupply is harder
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Face Mask (Optional)
- Gloves (1 pair) not medical gloves, working gloves
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes – 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
TRAINING FOR YOUR EVENT
- SRT Training Program
- So you signed up – now what? Join us for daily workouts written by Cadre DS that are simple, but not easy. All you need is a ruck or sandbag. The SRT programming will get you ready. And your first week is free!
- Check out our RUCK CLUB map to find people to train with
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are permitted for this event if requested at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- For the full Event Participant Policies please view our FAQ page.
Saturday, November 5, 2022 - Sunday, November 6, 2022