GORUCK Basic: Galveston, TX
GORUCK Basic: Galveston, TX
Pearl Harbor Memorial
“Yesterday, December 7, 1941–a date which will live in infamy–the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.”
– Franklin D. Roosevelt, on the morning after Pearl Harbor
The Pearl Harbor Memorial events are conducted across America and dedicated to the men and women killed or injured during the surprise attack on December 7, 1941. Learn about how America entered into World War II and the sacrifice demanded of our Armed Forces with team building and a history lesson. Participants who finish this event will receive the unique Pearl Harbor Memorial patch which is always earned and never sold.
5+ Hours. Lots of PT. Lots of miles. Details not forthcoming.
Pain is the theme of all GORUCK Challenges. Our Special Forces Cadres will ensure it’s pain with purpose by pushing individuals out of their comfort zones and building each class into a team. Train hard and show up ready. It’s worth it.
WHAT TO BRING
- A rucksack aka backpack (Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Oral Rehydration Salts (or comparable)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- First Aid Kit (small)
- Face Mask (Optional)
- Gloves (1 pair) Not medical gloves, working gloves
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes – 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better. A fresh shirt or jacket can go a long way, too.
TRAINING FOR YOUR EVENT
- SRT Training Program
- So you signed up – now what? Join us for daily workouts written by Cadre DS that are simple, but not easy. All you need is a ruck or sandbag. The SRT programming will get you ready. And your first week is free!
- Check out our RUCK CLUB map to find people to train with
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are permitted for this event if requested at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- For the full Event Participant Policies please view our FAQ page.
- Visit our searchable FAQ for answers
- Contact us if you still need help