GORUCK Level 5 – Counter Ambush Response
GORUCK Level 5 – Counter Ambush Response
Counter Ambush Response is a dynamic course that combines vehicles and handguns. Our Cadre will review basic firearms handling, safety, and vehicle considerations prior to scenario-based training. All scenarios revolve around shooting from inside, outside, or around vehicles. Driver/passenger reaction drills, fighting from inside/outside the vehicle, and countering street-side threats (carjacking) are a few of the scenario-based drills you will perform during this course. You will engage multiple threats and manipulate your weapon while effectively getting shots on target.
Participants who complete this course with Cadre Machine will be eligible for a non-resident concealed weapons permit. These permits are valid for a term of 7 years in 36 states.
Counter Ambush Response is an advanced pistol combat course and not recommended for beginners. We recommend the Basic Pistol and Counter Active Shooter (Pistol- Day) coursed prior to Counter Ambush Response if you are a beginner.
Due to the space and safety requirements needed to conduct these events the ranges may be up to a two hour drive from the city listed. Please keep this in mind when making lodging arrangements.
The duration of this course runs 5-7 hours.
All GORUCK Firearms Courses and Events utilize scenario based training which is incorporated into dry practice prior to any live fire. All participants will practice target identification and discrimination, movement, weapons manipulation, and other dynamic drills with the cadre and others. These drills will be facilitated with inert weapons enabling a safe and realistic training environment. Both pistols and rifles will be rendered inert with barrel/chamber blocking plugs. Further, each student must fully participate in dry practice prior to commencing live fire.
EVENT QUALIFICATION STANDARDS FOR PATCHING
Target: Tactical Law Enforcement Target (anatomical side) or Steel
Scoring: Binary 0/10. Minimum score 70%. Distance: 10m-20meters. Rounds: 5/15 in two magazines. Note: Sitting in the car with the belt on, door closed and windows down. draw fire with one hand out the passenger window 5 rounds, exit the car maintaining cover and change magazines. Fire from cover of engine block with 15 round magazine. Maintaining cover moves laterally to the rear of the vehicle to 3rd target. Finally move back to the point of cover that is overall 20 meters from target 3.
WHAT TO BRING
- Full size (Glock 17 or equivalent) or compact pistol (Glock 19 or equivalent, no back up guns or revolvers)
- Face Mask (Optional)
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes – 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Eye Protection (sunglasses are acceptable)
- Electronic Hearing Protection
- Sturdy Belt (non-cloth, must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- Magazine Holster
- Holster (duty or concealed)
- 250 Rounds
- 9mm Barrel Safety Plug
- Long Pants
- Closed-toed shoes (MACV-1 Boots recommended)
- Photo ID
- Water, food, snacks (for duration of course)
- Magazine Speed Loader
- Gun Oil
- Tac Hat
- Additional range/firearms gear is good, there is always a GRT in need
- Firearms Training utilizes semiautomatic pistols, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms. Full-Frame pistols are recommended. Sub-Compact pistols are not recommended.
- SERPA-style holsters not authorized. Due to the nature of the training offered and the repetitive drawing and holstering of firearms, SERPA style holsters are not authorized for GORUCK Firearms training courses. If you do not have an alternative holster available, one may be provided with advanced notice.
- Keep firearms in vehicles. Please take care that when arriving to training sites, participants are not to remove from their vehicles or otherwise handle firearms until instructed to do so by the event cadre. In an effort to enforce good firearms safety and best practices, we would ask that firearms remain in vehicles until specifically told to bring them out.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Cadre to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are permitted for this event if requested at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- For the full Event Participant Policies please view our FAQ page.
- Visit our searchable FAQ for answers
- Contact us if you still need help