GORUCK Selection: Bellbrook, OH
GORUCK Selection: Bellbrook, OH
48+ HOURS, 80+ MILES. THE TOUGHEST ENDURANCE EVENT IN THE WORLD. AVERAGE PASS RATE: < 2%
PACKING LIST AND GEAR INSPECTION
Weight standards in your rucksack is as follows:
- Men: 45 Lbs. (Dry)
- Women: 30 Lbs. (Dry)
We will weigh your ruck at the start of Selection. You will have access to our scale prior to the commencement of Selection.
- Rucksack weighing no less than 45lbs. dry (men) or 30lbs. dry (women) dry. That means not including water or food. **You must use a GORUCK brand rucksack. (Rucker mandatory- email us for exceptions to policy)
- By exception, we will approve the use of GR1/GR2’s. Ruck Plate/Weight must be fully wrapped in padding in the ruck to prevent crushed zippers
- Must have drain holes
- No patch affixed at Start Point
- Must contain one 2” x 3” piece of Velcro loops on it (standard on nearly all GORUCK rucksacks). Cadre will affix a participant patch to this at the start.
- Must contain Reflective Ruck Bands (2 minimum) on the exterior of the rucksack.
KIT BAG (OR EQUIVALENT)
- At least one 32L Kit Bag (or equivalent) to hold extra/back up gear
- Must be labeled with you name
- After the PT test, participants will have the opportunity to access their Kit Bag to change out shoes/clothes
INSIDE YOUR RUCKSACK
- Weight to meet the 45lbs. (men) or 30lbs. (women) dry requirement – (Ruck Plates recommended as opposed to something that gets heavier when wet).
- Large waterproof bag (Dry Sack recommended plus contractor bag as back-up. Recommended that anything that retains water when wet fits inside it.)
- Tac Hat (or baseball style hat with 2×3 Velcro loops on the front for a patch) may be worn at start of event
- Socks (1 pair)
- Perfomance Beanie (1)
- Rain Jacket/Windbreaker (may be worn during PT test if authorized by Cadre)
- Base layer top, long-sleeved (1)
- Pants (1 pairs)
- Foot Care Kit
- Vaseline or Anti-Chafing Gel
- 3L Hydration Bladder
- 32 oz. Water bottle. (No morale stickers affixed are authorized. GORUCK logo Nalgene is authorized.)
- ID card (waterproofed)
- Two (2) military-grade ChemLights, minimum 12 hour duration.
- (1) Food Bag (not just gels or lickies and chewies — real food like PB&J’s/MRE’s)
- Personal medical items (inform Cadre at start of event)
INSIDE YOUR KIT BAG
- Drybag or waterproof bag to line the kit bag
- Socks (4 pairs)
- Extra Tan T-shirt (1)
- Extra Pants (1 pair)
- Back up MACV-1 Boots or other boots/trail running shoes. Do not wear Gore-Tex boots with no drain holes.
- Hypothermia Blanket (1)
- Additional Headlamp with extra batteries
- Extar Food (not just gels or lickies and chewies — real food like PB&J’s/MRE’s)
- Additional ORS (2)
- 550 cord/para cord (10ft)
- Back up 3L Hydration Bladders (with extra mouthepice/bitevalve for bladder)
- Ranger Panties or equivalent (1 pair)
- American Training Half Zip or equivalent
- Pelican Case (marked with your name)
- Chapstick or Lip Balm
- Additional 1 gal Freezer ZipLock bags (3-4)
- 100 mph tape strips
- 3-mil Contractor bag (1)
- Sunscreen (optional)
- Comfortable clothes (optional for after party)
- Flip-Flops/Recovery Sandals (optional)
WORN AT THE START OF GORUCK SELECTION
- T-shirt (tan)
- Pants – Mandatory (Challenge Pants recommended)
- MACV-1 Boots or other boots/trail running shoes.
- Jacket/Windbreaker (weather dependent – if this is authorized, you will be informed NLT than the commencement of GORUCK Selection). You do not need to have a total of 2. It can either be in your ruck or worn if authorized by the Cadre.
BROUGHT WITH YOU TO THE START OF GORUCK SELECTION
**Note: these items brought with you will be required to fit inside your rucksack at the start of Selection. They will not count toward the 45lbs. dry (men) or 30lbs. dry (women) weight requirement.
- Any required life-saving medication (must be declared during your medical screening which happens at the beginning of GORUCK Selection)
- Real Food or MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) (2 unopened) Note: this will not count toward the 45lbs. (men) or 30 lbs. (women) weight requirement. You will be given the opportunity to eat periodically during the event.
- Oral Rehydration Solution/Salts (ORS). Candidates are required to bring a minimum of 2 ORS packages in their rucksack and 2 additional packages in their kit bag. Recommended ORS manufactured by either AGS Brand, Drip Drop, or Jianas Bros.
- ORS – do not consume more than 1 per 24 hour period prior to the commencement of your event
- Cell Phones (leave them in your car OR in a pelican case in your kit bag)
- Energy supplements
- Any food with caffeine
- Medicine, unless potentially life-saving
- Any metal jewelry of any kind
- Any necklace of any kind
- Morale patches
- Non-GORUCK Rucksacks
- Cell phones: recommend that you leave in your car or in a pelican case in your kit bag. If you must bring yours, we will confiscate at the beginning and return only upon the end of your GORUCK Selection experience. We assume no liability should something happen to your phone while under our care.
- Keys: bring them if you must but leave them in a pelican case in your kit bag.
- Required items must be brought. There will be an inspection at the commencement of GORUCK Selection.
- Recommendation: things that retain water are placed in a waterproof bag or Ziploc-style bag, all inside of one large dry bag or contractors bag.
- Unless otherwise specified, the intended quantity of items is one (1) or one pair.
- Ruck must weigh a minimum of 45lbs. (men) or 30lbs. (women) when dry (not including water). Add weight in whatever manner you see fit as needed to meet requirement.
- Any prohibited items will be confiscated and returned upon completion or withdrawal.
- You will receive a medical screening at the commencement of GORUCK Selection.
- The GORUCK PT Test is the first event of GORUCK Selection. If you fail any portion of the GORUCK PT Test you will be performance dropped from GORUCK Selection. Minimum standards to continue to the rest of GORUCK Selection are as follows:
- Push-ups: 55 in 2 min
- Sit-ups: 65 in 2 min
- 12 Mile Ruck: 3 hours and 30 min
Do not ask for additional clarification except in the case of medical questions not addressed in this document…WHEN IN DOUBT, DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT.
Yes, it’ll hurt. But if you earn your Selection patch, you earn pride and respect. You also earn 40% off all GORUCK built gear and free entry into GORUCK Challenge events your entire life. Yes, your entire life. So train hard and we’ll see ya there.
TRAINING FOR YOUR EVENT
- SRT Training Program
- So you signed up – now what? Join us for daily workouts written by Cadre DS that are simple, but not easy. All you need is a ruck or sandbag. The SRT programming will get you ready. And your first week is free!
- Check out our RUCK CLUB map to find people to train with
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Transfers and refunds are not allowed for this event (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Visit our searchable FAQ for answers
- Contact us if you still need help