GORUCK Self Responder
GORUCK Self Responder
Self Responder is a trauma centric first aid course that will teach you the skills needed to save your life and the lives of others after a potentially fatal incident Traumatic injury is one of the leading causes of death for people under 50 in the US; a significant portion of those deaths are from severe bleeding – the most treatable cause of death due to trauma. This course will teach you how to treat the most common injuries suffered by an active shooter incident and other acts of violence. You will learn by seeing and performing the latest Tactical Combat Casualty Care techniques for self and buddy-aid. At the end of the event, all the participants who have successfully completed the Self Responder course are eligible for an ASHI Advanced Bleeding Control Certification.
During training you will learn how to:
- Manage an over act of violence immediately after the threat is neutralized.
- Take up a tactical position in order to protect yourself and others in a war zone
- Perform a hasty triage and control a frantic crowd
- Use an individual first aid kit and identify any nearby tools to assist you in bleeding control
- Learn to use direct pressure, dressings, and tourniquets to stop bleeding
- Treat a penetrating chest trauma
- Pack a deep wound with cloth or gauze to control bleeding
- Administration of an Epinephrine Pen and Nasal Narcan
- Treat for and prevent shock
The duration of this course is 4 hours.
Please thoroughly review the following website and all skills modules prior to coming to class. DEPLOYED MEDICINE SITE
WHAT TO BRING
IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) or at minimum:
- Disposable Gloves
- Face Mask (Optional)
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes – 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- 1 pressure dressing (Israeli bandage or similar)
- 1 roll of ACE type bandage
- 1 Tourniquet (CAT/SOFT/SAMS or similar)
- 1 Chest seal (Halo or silmilar)
- 1 pack of gauze
- 1 hemostatic agent (Hemcon/Quickclot/Celox)
- Ruck (or equivalent) to carry it all in
- Photo ID
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are permitted for this event if requested at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- For the full Event Participant Policies please view our FAQ page.