GORUCK Tactical Level 1 – Basic Rifle
GORUCK Tactical Level 1 – Basic Rifle
Basic Rifle is now offered in the GORUCK Tactical series. This is a course for brand new shooters who want to learn basic firearms safety and the fundamentals of marksmanship. We will begin the day with weapon setup, parts of the weapon, disassembly/reassembly, function checking and then zeroing your rifle. You will learn how to employ your rifle at various distances, firing positions, and rates of fire. By the end of the course you will have mastered the basics of safely operating an AR type rifle – shooting positions, grip, sight picture, sight alignment, trigger squeeze, clearing stoppages and magazine changes. You will learn how to take your weapon from a point of storage to effective rounds on target. This will be accomplished by learning how to store, retrieve, load, and employ your weapon efficiently and effectively as well as address lawful use of force.
Participants who complete this course with Cadre Machine will be eligible for a non-resident concealed weapons permit. These permits are valid for a term of 7 years in 36 states.
Due to the space and safety requirements needed to conduct these events the ranges may be up to a two hour drive from the city listed. Please keep this in mind when making lodging arrangements.
The duration of this course runs 8-10 hours.
All GORUCK Firearms Courses and Events utilize scenario based training which is incorporated into dry practice prior to any live fire. All participants will practice target identification and discrimination, movement, weapons manipulation, and other dynamic drills with the cadre and others. These drills will be facilitated with inert weapons enabling a safe and realistic training environment. Both pistols and rifles will be rendered inert with barrel/chamber blocking plugs. Further, each student must fully participate in dry practice prior to commencing live fire.
EVENT QUALIFICATION STANDARDS FOR PATCHING
- Target: Tactical Law Enforcement Target (anatomical side).
- Fundamental evaluation to be completed on the 10-yard line for pistol and 20-yard line for rifle: min score 6 out of 9 hits on paper target.
- Load 1 magaze with 7 rounds and 1 shell casing (which will cause a malfunction). Draw and fire the 7 rounds, clear the malfunction, change magazines, discharge the final round. Must hit 6 out 9 rounds on target. When done; perform the proper clearing procedure.
- All skills used for the evaluation will be taught during the course.
WHAT TO BRING
- Face Mask (Optional)
- Hand Sanitizer/Wipes – 1 bottle Purell, 1 package of baby wipes (or equivalent)
- Muzzle down sling (Rifle Only)
- Eye Protection (sunglasses are fine)
- Electronic Hearing Protection
- Magazine Holster
- Minimum 3 magazines (must hold 10 rounds or greater)
- 250 Rounds
- 5.56mm Barrel Safety Plug
- Long Pants
- Closed toed shoes (MACV-1 Boots recommended)
- Sturdy Belt (non-cloth, must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- Photo ID
- Water, food, and snacks (for the duration of the course)
- Magazine Speed Loader
- Gun Oil
- Tac Hat
- Additional range/firearms gear is good (there is always a GRT in need)
- Reflex/Red-Dot Optic, not magnification (Rifle Only)
- Firearms Training utilizes semiautomatic pistols or AR-15 platform, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Cadre to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds are permitted for this event if requested at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- For the full Event Participant Policies please view our FAQ page.
- Visit our searchable FAQ for answers
- Contact us if you still need help